If you happen to be a fan of puzzle games, you should know about Sudoku. It's a number-based puzzle game where you have to fill the entire board with numbers, not just any random number, but in a sequence. Microsoft has released Sudoku for Windows devices, which is available as a free download in the app store.
The game offers decent graphics, and comes with various difficult levels to test your skills -- there are five difficulty levels: very easy, easy, medium, hard and expert. If you are stuck on some level, you can also use hints, show incorrect answers or block duplicates so that you can solve the puzzle quickly. There are daily challenges as well to see how good you are with the game. Best of all, it give users the ability to connect with their Microsoft account to earn Xbox achievements.
"Introducing the new Microsoft Sudoku, the #1 logic puzzle game that makes the most of your Windows 8 device. Microsoft Sudoku is the classic game you love, with a modern look and feel and exciting new features. With five difficulty levels, fresh daily challenges, achievements and leaderboards, Microsoft Sudoku provides hundreds of brain training puzzles for players of all ages," the app description reads.
Here's a complete list of features the game offers:
- 5 classic Sudoku difficulty levels to choose from!
- Beautiful modern Windows 8 graphics
- Irregular and symbol Sudoku challenge modes offer more fun ways to play!
- Works with any type of input: Mouse, keyboard, touchscreen, or stylus
- Sign in with your Microsoft account to earn Xbox achievements, view leaderboards, and save your games in the cloud!
- Use hints or optional guide functions that block duplicates, show mistakes, or enter notes for you
- If you are stuck, you can ask for hints, show incorrect answers or block duplicates to get back in the game faster
The game comes with support for various input methods, and even give users the ability to play it with a stylus as well. Head over to the Windows Store if you are ready to take the Sudoku challenge, and let us know about your thoughts on the game.