The Australian streaming service, Stan, has just launched their official Windows 10 app which runs on Windows 10 tablet and PCs and Windows phones running Windows 10 Mobile. An official Stan app has already launched on the Xbox One video game console several months ago.
The Stan streaming service works much in the same way as its popular competitor, Netflix. Users pay a monthly subscription fee and gain access to a wide variety of movies and TV series. The Windows 10 app can play all of the media in 1080p HD (when offered), allows users to add movies or show to their My List for watching later, enables Watch History so users can see a list of everything they’ve viewed on their devices, and lets users continue watching media from where they left off on a different device. The Stan app has no ads and membership is only AU$10 a month.
Here’s the official description: Stan offers unlimited access to thousands of hours of TV and movies including:
- Exclusive premieres including; Billions, Better Call Saul, Sherlock, UnREAL, The Girlfriend Experience, Transparent, Ash vs Evil Dead, iZombie, Flesh and Bone, Community and The Following.
- Award-winning and premium TV shows including; Breaking Bad, Star Trek, Justified, Fargo, Masters of Sex, The Good Wife and The Last Ship.
- Every episode ever of hit TV series including Friends, The OC, Will and Grace, The West Wing, The Nanny, Dawson’s Creek and more.
- Stan Original series Wolf Creek & No Activity featuring some of Australia’s best talent.
- Heaps of kids content for all ages including Hey Duggie, iCarly, Dora The Explorer, Adventure Time, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Wiggles and Charlie and Lola.
- Blockbuster movies and more...
Like Netflix, a free one month trial is available for new users to try. Do you use a media streaming service on your Windows 10 devices? Share your favorites in the comments below.