Lumia 635 and HTC One M8 for Windows users rejoice as AT&T has started rolling out the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 for both handsets, as spotted by Windows Central. The update is rolling out as we speak and should reach all users in the next few days as the process takes some time to complete so don’t panic if you don’t see the update right away or manually check for the update by going to Settings > phone update.
The latest update brings a number of new features for the Lumia 635, including the ability to change phone name from the settings as well as support for MKV video playback. Here’s the complete change log of the latest update for the Lumia 635, as per Microsoft:
- Manage phone settings more easily through the categorized and searchable settings menu.
- Bluetooth keyboard support added (Bluetooth HID 1.1 profile)
- Support for MKV video playback
- Change the phone name in Settings > About.
As for the HTC One M8 for Windows, the update brings a little more than the Lumia 635. HTC One M8 for Windows gets the ability to pin individual settings to their Start Screen for quick access as well as the reset protection feature as well as the MKV video support. Here’s the complete change log:
- Reorganized Settings screen with categories and search
- MKV support for video playback
- Bluetooth HID support for external keyboards
- App permission toggles
- Pin Individual Settings to the Start screen
- Reset Protection feature
Now might be a good time to check for the update. Let us know if you’re running the latest Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 on your handset.
HTC is committed to provide users with timely updates and there’s a possibility the HTC One M8 for Windows may get the Windows 10 Mobile when it launches later this year. Microsoft is rumored to launch the Windows 10 Mobile operating system later this year in September and should reach existing devices.Further reading: AT&T, Microsoft, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8.1