Microsoft really needs to do a better job showcasing what’s new when it comes to app updates on Windows 10 or Windows Phone. Every week, we see an app update, complete with a changelog that isn’t up to date — oftentimes showcasing an old changelog. On top of that, the Windows Store doesn’t even clearly specify if the app has been recently updated. Typically, these “minor” updates feature bug fixes and performance improvements, but I’m sure we’d all like to know exactly what was fixed.
With that being said, every Friday, we will be writing a summary of noteworthy app updates that have taken place over the past week, lacking any changelogs. We’d like for you to share your experience in the comments below and let the community know if any of the mentioned apps have a new feature or improvement that Microsoft failed to mention in a changelog. If there are any other apps that have been updated and not mentioned in the post, please feel free to share them too! Let’s begin.
- MSN News, Money, Sports, and Weather: Microsoft rolled out an update to the MSN app suite for Windows 10, but no change log was given.
- Glance Screen: For those that did not know, Glance Screen allows you to see the time and other lock screen data while your phone is in standby mode. No word on what’s new.
- Twitter (for Windows 10 desktop): No word on what’s new. The app has yet to be made available to Windows 10 Mobile.
- Office Mobile: No change log made available, but we’re hearing Word now lets you highlight using different colors while Excel gained new functions, better zoom, and new funnel charts.
- Facebook (for Windows Phone 8.1): Likely just bug fixes and performance improvements.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any of these apps installed and if you noticed any new improvements that should have been mentioned in an official changelog.Further reading: Apps, Microsoft, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Store