App-DNA Revolutionizes Microsoft App-V Application Preparation Time
App-DNA, the global leader in application intelligence software, today announced from the Microsoft TechDays Conference, its new capabilities to accelerate application preparation for Microsoft App-V application virtualization projects by up to 50% faster using the AppTitude application compatibility software platform. The award-winning AppTitude product enables enterprise IT customers the full information needed to plan and execute application testing and remediation, as well as resource allocation and effort estimation for application virtualization projects with the Microsoft App-V product. AppTitude now features a Virtual App Machine to automate the creation of fully Microsoft supported App-V packages. The AppTitude Virtual App Machine, combined with App-DNA proven capabilities for Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 application compatibility, helps Microsoft customers more quickly achieve the optimized desktop. See App-DNA at TechDays Expo stand D-24 or by visiting www.app-dna.com/VAM
AppTitude speeds App-V deployments, which are often also aligned with Windows 7 initiatives. With a unique approach and unrivaled accuracy, AppTitude can
– Assess an application’s suitability for virtualization – AppTitude analyzes an application’s unique “DNA” to determine if the application will virtualize well. Know up front which applications will sequence easily, which will sequence with minimal effort, and which require significant effort.
– Identify the fixes needed to quickly create App-V ready application packages – Recognize what changes may be needed before even starting to sequence an application. This information alone has proven to drive the sequencing success rate to 95% of the application portfolio, while reducing the total time required to sequence applications.
– Automate sequencing of App-V packages – AppTitude uniquely uses the Microsoft developed App-V Sequencer to perform the work, ensuring enterprises have fully Microsoft supported packages, vitally important in change management.
AppTitude helps enterprises:
– Improve resource management – AppTitude determines if an application will be easy or difficult to fix, due to the severity of the identified issues. This helps IT leadership align staff with the skill levels needed to successfully complete an application virtualization project. Better utilize App-V gurus.
– Determine the overall time, cost and risk of virtualization projects – With the AppTitude Effort Calculator, create and model business-ready reports of the overall budget, staff and risk for an App-V project. AppTitude illustrates the key application decisions affecting the project.
– Save money- no need to buy a separate sequencing product – By using AppTitude alongside the existing Sequencer that comes with App-V, enterprises can avoid purchasing additional proprietary packaging tools for virtualization projects. AppTitude does the all of the application testing, remediation and preparation work, plus produces a fully-supported App-V ready package.
“App-V delivers our customers a better way to manage applications as they deploy Windows 7, along with flexile options to deliver them to today’s more mobile workforce,” said Karri Alexion-Tiernan, Director Product Management, Microsoft Corp. “AppTitude adds value to the App-V platform through automation, helping to build the business case for its adoption and accelerating App-V deployment.”
“Enterprise CIOs want to take advantage of the benefits of virtualization as quickly as possible, but need to use existing staff and keep expenditures down. With AppTitude and the Virtual App Machine, the world’s largest enterprises are reducing virtual application preparation time from 4-6 weeks to just 48 hours. Ultimately, this saves millions in budget,” explained Mike Welling, CEO, App-DNA. “AppTitude is the wisest possible investment for application preparation. It saves time and costs, plus gives reassurance to risk-adverse enterprises that the applications will work when deployed. Any enterprise that is audited, publicly traded, or aligns to best practices can only choose AppTitude as the optimal and seamless application preparation platform. ”
AppTitude with Virtual App Machine is available now. AppTitude can be licensed in two ways: on a project basis per application or an enterprise option for volume use licensed per desktop. Please contact email@example.com for further information.