Application Testing, Remediation Overcome Hurdles in Windows 7 Deployments
BERLIN, GERMANY– Nov 8, 2010 -- App-DNA, the world leader in application compatibility management for enterprises, today at [url=http://www.microsoft.com/europe/teched/]Microsoft TechEd Europe[/url] highlighted the role of the App-DNA AppTitude application compatibility software platform in the Microsoft Optimized Desktop Jumpstart offerings. Microsoft Jumpstart helps enterprises more easily move toward the next generation optimized desktop, including Windows 7 Enterprise, Microsoft Office 2010, and the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) with proof of concepts and pilot programs, both hosted and partner driven. For more information, visit the App-DNA [url=http://www.app-dna.com/jumpstart]Jumpstart website[/url] or see App-DNA AppTitude at [url=http://www.microsoft.com/europe/teched/]TechEd Expo Stand E79[/url].
The App-DNA AppTitude application compatibility software platform helps Microsoft. partners reduce the time, cost and risk of Windows 7 migrations, while providing faster, more successful implementations. [url=http://www.app-dna.com/AppTitude/Default.aspx]App-DNA AppTitude[/url] clearly and quickly highlights issues with application compatibility and empowers IT organizations with an overall assessment of the project, based on application challenges. Additionally, App-DNA helps Microsoft partners implement the optimized desktop by advising how applications can successfully run on Windows 7, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and 64-bit environments.
Through the Microsoft Next Generation Optimized Desktop Jumpstart Program, approved partners can use the App-DNA quick-start application compatibility discovery program. Microsoft service providers can deliver a Proof of Concept (POC) or pilot using the App-DNA AppTitude and empower customers with a clear view of the current application estate and application readiness for migration to the key optimized desktop models – Windows 7, App-V and 64-bit computing. From the assessments and remediations created by AppTitude, partners and enterprises can more efficiently and accurately calculate the effort, resources and cost associated with a migration project. Customers benefit with more accurate deployments, with real time and cost savings. AppTitude is provided at no cost to approved partners who participate in the Microsoft Jumpstart program.
App-DNA offers two options to best match customer needs:
1) For 10-day Jumpstart Proof of Concept engagements, App-DNA offers to partners the tools for 2 days of application testing and remediation planning:
• a portfolio readiness report on 50 applications (high-level portfolio/issue view)
• assessment reports on 10 applications (red/amber (yellow)/green status for each application)
• [url=http://www.app-dna.com/Resources/Sample-Reports.aspx]full reports[/url] on 10 selected MSI applications with a deep drill down on over 68,000 data points per application in 11 areas (in-depth detail for issues and remediation).
2) For 10-week Jumpstart Production Pilot engagements, App-DNA offers partners expanded application testing and remediation capabilities to best scope projects and timelines:
• a portfolio readiness report on up to 1000 applications (high-level portfolio/issue view)
• assessment reports on 50 applications ([url=http://www.app-dna.com/AppTitude/How-It-Works.aspx]red/amber/green status[/url] for each app)
• [url=http://www.app-dna.com/Resources/Sample-Reports.aspx]full reports[/url] on 10 selected MSI applications with a deep drill down on over 68,000 data points per application in 11 areas. (in-depth detail for issues and remediation).
The specialized AppTitude LaunchPad for Jumpstart offering provides a detailed migration business case in just two days, including:
• a visual view of migration-ready applications and those needing remediation
• the expected migration cost and timeline
• resourcing guidelines for staff time and effort
• detail to build an informed migration strategy with a sound business case and ROI calculation
“As the majority of customers move forward with Windows 7 Enterprise deployments, a key decision for customers is how they migrate and deliver applications in their new environment,” said Rich Reynolds, General Manager, Windows Commercial Product Marketing, Microsoft. “App-DNA provides a platform to help automate the application compatibility process and accelerate the deployment decision that customers are making. App-DNA is a valuable part of the Jumpstart program.”
“In a recent App-DNA survey, nearly 67% of enterprise and system integrator respondents were using a form of manual testing for their Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8 and App-V implementations. As the optimized desktop becomes a reality in today’s enterprise, automating application testing and remediation with a proven, accurate software platform is essential to save time, reduce cost and guard against risk,” said Samit Patel, Vice-President of the Technology and Solutions Group, App-DNA “App-DNA is proud to be an application compatibility partner in the Microsoft Jumpstart program, accelerating optimized desktop projects for enterprises and partners.”