An updated OneNote UWP app is coming soon to all users
OneNote Program Manager Lead William Devereux announced on Twitter that the new features will be on their way “soon”. In fact, they are already available in the Fast ring with Slow ring sure to follow.
We've got a ton of great features headed your way in the next update for OneNote on Windows 10!
— William Devereux (@MasterDevwi) January 6, 2017
One step further, Microsoft has been on the sly. In the last few OneNote updates, some experimental features have already made their debut. The new UI can be accessed in the latest version of the UWP by enabling “Experimental Features” under Settings > Options.
The “top community requests” that are currently available in the app include:
- A refreshed user interface
- The ability to hide page previews in the Notebook view
- The ability to hide spelling error lines
- An easier way to hide the navigation sidebar on tablets, increasing the area available for inking
- A more visible toggle for enabling full-screen drawings
While the team hasn’t added other features such as audio recording, Devereux ensured the community that they are listening to feedback intently, especially while they work towards feature parity between the OneNote with Office 365 and the Windows 10 UWP app.Further reading: Microsoft, OneNote