The revised and highly anticipated Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has an official release date now.
As of February 20, 2018, fans of the real-time-strategy (RTS) game should able to boot up the wholely remastered edition of Age of Empires on their Windows 10 PC.
For the seemingly low price of $19.99 USD, gamers will access to top-down enhanced experience that covers new graphics, new audio, additional multiplayer elements and tweaks to the core gaming systems that come with 20 years of technological advances.
For this Definitive Edition, we’ve made improvements like:
- Completely rebuilding assets for a modern 4K presentation
- Letting you play online with Xbox LIVE (in addition to LAN play)
- Re-recorded the original soundtrack with a new orchestral score
- Adding campaign narration for every mission
- Enhancing the campaign and scenario editor, which allows anyone to make original custom campaigns for the game, by letting players easily share them with other players around the world via AgeOfEmpires.com
Furthermore, those interested in getting an early look at the game will be able to do so as a multiplayer beta is scheduled for worldwide release on January 29th.