Age of Empires: Castle Siege, the free-to-play mobile strategy game from Microsoft Studios, received a new update this week with several new features and bug fixes. Among highlights, the version 1.23 brings better loot from Battle Chests, improving rewards for players who perform well during battles. Other new features in this release include the ability to retry your own battles, as well as the new Smashdown Battles that match you against lower level inactive players.
You can find all details about the new features below:
- Players are now guaranteed at minimum 2 Silver and 1 Gold chests on each of their daily rolls
- Once a week, players can get matched against a lower level inactive castle filled with loot
- Players cannot win or lose crowns from Smashdown Battles
- Players will have the option to retry their own battles up to 3 times
- Players can post a retry battle every 24h to their Alliance
- Only one Alliance member may attempt each Alliance posted retry battle
- Players will not get to keep any loot from retry battles
That’s not all, as this new releases introduces various bug fixes for in-game purchases, achievements, connectivity issues and more. The changelog notes:
- Fixed the bug where players were getting a pop up stating that a purchase had failed when they did not make any purchases. The message will no longer pop up.
- Fixed the bug where some Game Center players had trouble logging in. Players will no longer be prevented from logging into Game Center.
- Fixed the bug where some players had trouble with achievements not properly registering or showing in accounts. Achievements will now show correctly.
- Fixed the bug where donating watch signal troops would reset the Alliance list. Players will no longer have to scroll after every donation.
- Fixed the bug where players were extending their time by nexting even though their time bucket was used up. Players will now be vulnerable to attack when scouting if their time bucket is used up.
- Optimized connection
Two months ago, the devoleper announced that the game would be released on Android in “early March,” but this has yet to happen. In the meantime, you can download this update and try the new features on Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile and iOS.
Get Age of Empires: Castle Siege on Windows 10