Age of Empires: Castle Siege updated with stability and gameplay improvements
Age of Empires: Castle Siege is an excellent game, which takes you to the middle ages to do battle. You can choose old civilizations such as Britons, Byzantines, etc. and build your own fortified city, as well as raid others. If you’re a regular player of the game, you’ll be glad to find out that the game has received a big update, bumping it to version 18.104.22.1686, and brings a plethora of improvements to gameplay and stability.
Most importantly, the game fixed an issue which dropped connections during battle, along with several other crash issues and bugs. The gameplay gets some attention too, with improvements to several units, a fix for path finding bugs, and improved phone notifications.
Here’s a complete list of the changes and improvements introduced in the latest update as per the Windows/Windows Phone store:
- Made improvements to dropped connections during battle. This is an area that we are constantly monitoring and improving.
- Fixed a crash caused on some devices by deploying many infantry at once at the opening of battle.
- Fixed a crash during transitions in matchmaking.
- Fixed a crash involving soldiers leaving siege towers.
- Fixed other miscellaneous crashes.
- We’ve modified the way we award crowns for players in Ages 5-8.
- Wall troops have undergone a strict training regimen against the wiles of the Wololo. As a result, Joan of Arc’s Convert ability no longer affects troops on walls.
- Keeps have bolstered their defenses against mounted troops.
- Winrich von Kniprode has found a flaw in these new defenses and now has a damage boost against all Keeps.
- Richard the Lionheart no longer feels it is an efficient use of his skills to boost mounted troops and will now only boost infantry as per his description.
- Fixed various path finding bugs.
- Players will no longer gain achievements from visiting another player’s castle.
- Phone notifications improvements.
Head over to the respective app store to update your copy of Age of Empires: Castle Siege. The game is available as a free download, but some items may require in-app purchases. Enjoy!Age of Empires, Microsoft, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone