Earlier this year, Microsoft released the touch-based version of their popular strategy game, Age of Empires: Castle Siege, for Windows Phone. It’s without a doubt a very decent game, not as good as the full-fledged version, but it’s good enough. Recently, the game received a significant update with several stability and game play improvements.
The latest update fixes some annoying bugs where the app used to crash in several situations. Further improvements have been to fix the issue where the connection used to drop while in battles — this can be very annoying especially when you are attacking later to find out that you’re no longer connected.
Along with the stability fixes, the developers also improved the gameplay by fixing path finding bugs, improving wall troops, and several other changes. Here’s the complete change log:
- Made improvements to dropped connections during battle. This is an area that we are constantly monitoring and improving.
- Fixed a crash caused on some devices by deploying many infantry at once at the opening of battle.
- Fixed a crash during transitions in matchmaking.
- Fixed a crash involving soldiers leaving siege towers.
- Fixed other miscellaneous crashes.
- We’ve modified the way we award crowns for players in Ages 5-8.
- Wall troops have undergone a strict training regimen against the wiles of the Wololo. As a result, Joan of Arc’s Convert ability no longer affects troops on walls.
- Keeps have bolstered their defenses against mounted troops.
- Winrich von Kniprode has found a flaw in these new defenses and now has a damage boost against all Keeps.
- Richard the Lionheart no longer feels it is an efficient use of his skills to boost mounted troops and will now only boost infantry as per his description.
- Fixed various path finding bugs.
Players will no longer gain achievements from visiting another player’s castle.
Phone notifications improvements.
If you happen to be a regular player of Age of Empires: Castle Siege, head over to the Windows Phone store to grab the updated game.Age of Empires, Castle Siege, Games, Microsoft, Windows Phone