Adobe kicked off its Adobe MAX 2016 yesterday in San Diego, CA where it introduced the 2017 release of Creative Cloud software as the service offering. In the blog post announcing the news, the company explained that this new release is focused around three guiding principles: improvements to cloud sync features, a better user experience and advances in Adobe Stock.
Here are the most important highlights:
- The Adobe XD Beta (...) now offers layers and symbols support, commenting on shared prototypes, and mobile apps for iOS and Android with real-time design and prototype.
- Project Felix is a new app that empowers the creation of photo-realistic compositions combining 3D and 2D assets. It is a strong complement to Photoshop, and it’s easy to use, even for those who aren’t a 3D expert.
- Video Updates: We’re pushing video effects further than ever before with the new Cinema 4D rendering engine in After Effects, a VR feature in Premiere Pro that seamlessly detects and applies content settings, and Character Animator that brings characters to life using your own artwork and expressions.
- Desktop Design App Updates: We’ve added over 85 new features to our core desktop apps like a universal search bar in Photoshop and stock templates, and we’re enhancing control of design with updates like Pixel-perfect artwork in Illustrator, an enhanced Properties Panel in Photoshop and a modern new interface and fast, flexible coding engine in Dreamweaver.
- Mobile App Updates: We’ve increased the creative power and workflow efficiency for the Creative Cloud mobile apps, and all are now available on Android.
- Adobe Marketplace: We are adding a new class of photography to Adobe Stock through a partnership with Reuters, the largest independent news agency and source of editorial. (...) We also announced Typekit marketplace, a new way to find, buy, and use more than 10,000 premium typefaces from the world’s leading type foundries.
- And finally, we announced Adobe Sensei, a new framework and set of intelligent services that automate mundane tasks, allowing creatives to spend more time on inspiration and design.
The company shared that most of these updates and new features are available today to Creative Cloud customers, with the rest of them to be released in the coming months. We invite you to read the full blog post to learn more about the latest additions to Creative Cloud.