Microsoft and Adobe have been collaborating partners for some time now, and after Build 2016 the two companies seemed only to have gotten closer. Microsoft has announced new pen input technologies coming to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update later this year inspired by work with Adobe, and artists, photographers, and editors alike who use Windows 10 or Adobe’s Creative Cloud have even more reasons to keep up with the company’s news and announcements in the coming months.
With that being said, April 13, 2016, marks Adobe’s announcement of new features coming to its Creative Cloud tools for video editing, motion graphics, audio, and collaboration. According to a press release from Adobe, Creative Cloud users can look forward to a rather healthy list of features hitting the creative suite later this summer.
Adobe continues to deliver technology that opens unimagined creative opportunities for video and film production, and now, immersive experiences. In the next release of Creative Cloud – available in early summer – Premiere Pro CC will add new virtual reality capabilities, including “field of view” mode for spherical stitched media. In addition, thanks to Adobe Stock integration into CC apps, customers are already experiencing productivity increases of 10 times, when adding stock content into creative projects, including video*. In the upcoming release, Adobe Stock will have enhanced connections with CC apps and new workflows will enable Adobe Bridge and Lightroom users to contribute to the Adobe Stock marketplace directly from within the application.”
More specific feature details include:
- Edit immediately during ingest allows Premiere Pro CC users to get straight to work while importing their video and audio files in the background.
- Powerful proxy workflows in Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC enable users to easily work with heavy 8K, HDR, and HFR media, so editors can switch between native and proxy formats freely – even on lightweight machines.
- Enhanced Lumetri™ Color tools within Premiere Pro CC adds HSL Secondaries to expand the editor’s toolkit for making color correction and adjustment easier for all filmmakers.
- New video and audio preview engine in After Effects CC delivers superior playback of cached frames for a smooth experience.
- Easier and more efficient Character Animator includes a simplified puppet creation process that enables users to easily tag puppet layers easily and record multiple takes of a character’s movement. Users can animate puppets to respond to motion and trigger animation accordingly.
- New Essential Sound panel in Audition CC enables anyone to mix audio content for professional results.
- Quickly find Adobe Stock assets with new filtered search in Creative Cloud Libraries. Licensed assets in your library are now badged for easy identification, videos are displayed with duration and format information, and saved videos are linked to video previews on the Adobe Stock site.
Once again, Adobe is looking to widen the gap between it and its fierce competition in the industry of creative applications that can be found on various devices and multiple platforms. With the Windows 10 Anniversary scheduled for release sometime this summer and Adobe’s Creative Cloud getting a bump in features around the same time, creative Windows users have a lot to look forward to later this year.Further reading: Adobe, Build 2016, Creative, Creative Cloud, Microsoft, Windows 10, Windows 10 Anniversary Update