As SharePoint Server 2016 just hit Release to Manufacturing (RTM) yesterday, Microsoft is proud to detail all the enhanced features that its customers can get from its new content management platform. For SharePoint admins, a new blog post from the SharePoint team is explaining all the foundational updates and new capabilities based on user feedback that have been added to Sharepoint Server 2016:
- Improved provisioning and update management.
- New compliance tools to protect data.
- Hybrid architectural options to link SharePoint Server 2016 with Exchange Server 2016 and Office 365.
- Durable Links to ensure file links work even if you rename or change the location of a file
- New admin experiences and the most recent additions for configuring hybrid solutions with Office 365 services.
You can find a demonstration of all the new SharePoint Server 2016 admin features in the video below:
To learn more about SharePoint Server 2016, you can still check out the reviewer’s guide or download a trial version. Also, don’t forget to register for Microsoft’s live online event on May 4 where the company will provide information on their vision and roadmap for the solution.Further reading: Cloud Services, Content Management, Hybrid Cloud, Microsoft, SharePoint, Sharepoint Server 2016