Add live subtitles to PowerPoint with Presentation Translator, available now
The Microsoft Translator team today officially launched Presentation Translator, an add-in for Microsoft Powerpoint which allows you to add live translations into a presentation (via MSPU.) As Microsoft announced at Build 2017, the add-in is powered by Microsoft Translator live and supports 60 text languages.
Presentation Translator will translate and subtitle live presentations, showing subtitles directly on a presentation. Those in the room who are observing the presentation can also follow along, and use their phone, tablet, or computer to read translations in their own languages. Key features of the add-in can be seen below.
- Live subtitling: Speak in any of the 10 supported speech languages – Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish – and subtitle into any one of the 60+ text translation languages.
- Customized speech recognition: Presenters have the option to customize the speech recognition engine using the vocabulary within the slides and slide notes to adapt to jargon, technical terms, product or place names, etc.
- Translate the slide deck: Translate the text of the PowerPoint slide deck while preserving the original formatting, including translation between left-to-right and right-to-left languages
- Audience Participation: Share the QR- or five letter conversation code and your audience can follow along with your presentation, on their own device, in their chosen language.
- Open the mic to multi-lingual Q&A: Unmute the audience to allow questions in any of the supported languages (10 for spoken questions, 60+ for written ones)
- Inclusivity through Accessibility: Help audience members who are deaf or hard of hearing follow the presentation, and participate in the discussion.
You can download the add-in by visiting this website. It is worth noting, though, that you will need to be running Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1 to install. You also will need Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, and Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2016 or 2013.Further reading: Microsoft, Microsoft Garage, Microsoft Translator, PowerPoint, Translator