Acer introduced many new products for consumers, gamers, and professionals at its [email protected] Global Press Conference in New York today. The Taiwanese manufacturer has been working on an expanded Aspire notebook range, a very interesting Liquid-cooled 2-in-1 notebook, and an updated Predator Gaming line with VR-ready notebooks and desktop computers.
First, the Acer consumer notebook range will welcome the convertible Aspire R 15, all new Aspire F series with premium metal covers, and the stylish Aspire E Series and Aspire ES 15, all powered by Windows 10.
- The Aspire R 15 is a 5-inch 360-degree convertible which was awarded the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016. It can lay perfectly flat at 180-degrees and easily converts between laptop, tablet, display and tent modes thanks to Acer’s patented soft-closing hinge design. Inside, you will find a 6th generation Intel Core processor and up to 12GB DDR4 memory.
- The Acer F series of notebooks is getting updated with premium-finish metal covers available in five colors while the Aspire E series will feature a metallic horizontal hairline-brush design with a premium textile pattern, with seven color options. Both series are equipped with 6th Generation Intel Core processors, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics with GDDR5 VRAM and DDR4 RAM.
- The Aspire ES 15 is being refreshed with a new design featuring rounded corners, sleek highlights and modern textured pattern on the top cover and palm rest. It will be available in three stylish colors and will also come with the the latest 6th Generation Intel Core processors.
The Taiwanese OEM also unveiled the Ultra-slim Aspire S 13 featuring Acer Nano-Imprint patterns on metal cover and diamond-cut edges. The notebook has a full HD IPS display with wide viewing angle (with the option of a 10-point touch display) and will be powered by 6th Generation Intel Core processors and up to 8 GB of LPDDR3.
Next, the Acer Switch Alpha 12 is a Windows 10 2-in-1 notebook “which delivers a heightened level of mobility with Acer LiquidLoop™ cooling, excellent performance, and an ultra-slim, flexible notebook-to-tablet design.” The Surface-like device also features a 6th Generation Intel Core processors, a 2160×1440 12-inch display, and an optional Acer Active Pen to leverage Windows Ink functionality. Several optional docks will also extend the capabilities of the hybrid device.
Last, the Taiwanese company also introduced new Predator gaming notebooks and desktops to “deliver premium gaming and virtual reality experiences on Windows 10”:
- The new Predator 17 X notebook delivers “an uncompromising combination of power and portability” by bringing a 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6820HK processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics and a custom triple-fan cooling system.
- The Predator G1 desktop will support full-sized GeForce GTX graphics (up to Titan X), 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors and up to 64GB DDR4 memory. Acer adds that “it fits under one arm so it’s perfect for taking to LAN parties.”
- The new Predator Z1 series of monitors are high-performance curved monitors available in 31.5-, 30-and 27-inches and featuring NVIDIA G-SYNC technology as well as other gaming features such as AcerVisionCare™ and BlueLight Shield™ to lessen eye fatigue.
Acer’s hardware lineup is definitely impressive, stay tuned on Winbeta as we’ll go into more details about all these new products.Further reading: 2-in-1, Acer, Desktops, Gaming, Hybrids, Notebooks, OEMs, PC, Windows 10