Two new app updates have hit the Windows Phone Store today, offering a big update to the 6snap app along with the Readit app for Windows Phone 8.
Rudy Huyn, the developer behind 6tag and 6sec, not too long ago released a new app for Windows Phone 8 called 6snap. This app is the first full featured Snapchat app for Windows Phone 8 and today another update to the app has been rolled out. “6snap is the first full featured snapchat app for Windows Phone. Snap a photo or a video, add a caption, and send it to a friend (or maybe a few), etc… All snapchat features are included,” the app description reads.
Here are the new features in version 1.3 of 6snap:
- 13 new languages
- Better quality of photo camera
- Show recent friends on ‘choose friends’ page
- Remove red waves (text correction) when add text
- Show number of sent/received snaps when click on snapchat title
- Improve performance and security
Readit, on the other hand, is a beautiful and well-crafted Reddit app for the Windows Phone platform. The app has received a new update for Windows Phone 8 today, bumping the version number to 1.3. “A beautiful, well-crafted Reddit app for the Windows Phone Platform. From features like live tiles, a stunning interface, and complete markdown support, you are missing out if you aren’t using Readit for your Reddit browsing habits on Windows Phone,” the app description reads.
Readit previously received a massive update for version 1.2, and now we get numerous new features and fixes in version 1.3. Take a look below for the full change log:
- Battery improvements/heat improvements
- A ton of optimizations for low memory devices
- Inline loading indicator when clicking to load more child comments
- You can now pin subreddits as live tiles (requires you to unpin/repin your subreddits)
- Subreddits can be pinned as either a cycle tile, which cycles through 9 images, or a flip tile which shows a recent post on the back.
- Cyle tiles only update on app launch due to time constraints and battery considerations of the background task
- Application live tile changed to be iconic (white number indicator next to icon like messaging) – you can now only see account details on the large tile due to WP limitations – WP8 Only
- You can now upload an album when posting a new post
- You can now upload a single image when posting a new post
- Comment hierarchy changes – no longer a thick border. We use a light border background.
- Album images load correctly with preview images turned off
- You can now double-tap to collapse comments again
- You can now mark/unmark a post as NSFW from the moderation item in the appbar when viewing a post
- You can now sticky/unsticky a post from the moderation item in the appbar when viewing a post
- We now ask reddit.com if you need a captcha, you no longer have to fill out a captcha for every post :)
- We now parse the submit text of each subreddit. When you go to post a new post, you will see the instruction text at the bottom.
- Comments are now cached (only while viewing a post) based on sort order so if you accidentally swipe you don’t lose your place.
- Websites are now opimized by default using Readability – setting located in Browsing – default ON.
- Refresh button in appbar while viewing a subreddit
- Swipe view is now animated when you swipe your finger across the screen – much more responsive as well
- Read posts are now cached for 7 days instead of 2
- Caching of posts for the subreddits are no longer user specific and won’t carry across account switches
- Quick search bugs are all fixed
- Usernames are now cased correctly across the app when searching for and viewing users
- Browser navigation is saved when viewing a link post, pressing back will navigate you back in history.
- Tapping the NSFW overlay no longer zooms content
- Disabled the pull-to-refresh while viewing a subreddit
- Major bug fixes
- General performance improvements
Hit the download links below to snag both apps.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!