$23.38 billion in revenue for Microsoft this fiscal Q4
Microsoft has generated a whopping $23.38 billion in revenue for this fiscal quarter of 2014. Devices and Consumer revenue has grown to $10 billion, with Windows OEM revenue growing by 3% and Windows OEM Pro revenue growing by 11%.
“Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of $23.38 billion for the quarter ended June 30, 2014. Gross margin, operating income, and diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) for the quarter were $15.79 billion, $6.48 billion, and $0.55 per share, respectively.”
Devices and Consumer revenue grew 42% to $10.00 billion, with the following business highlights:
Windows OEM revenue grew 3%, driven by 11% growth in Windows OEM Pro revenue.
- Office 365 Home and Personal subscribers totaled more than 5.6 million, adding more than 1 million subscribers again this quarter.
- The acquired Phone Hardware business contributed $1.99 billion to current year revenue.
- Bing search advertising revenue grew 40%, and U.S. search share grew to 19.2%.
Commercial revenue grew 11% to $13.48 billion, with the following business highlights:
- Commercial cloud revenue grew 147% with an annualized run rate that exceeds $4.4 billion.
- Windows volume licensing revenue grew 11%.
- Server products revenue, including Azure, grew 16%, with double-digit growth for SQL Server and System Center.
Microsoft also announced numbers regarding Surface and Xbox:
- Surface revenue was $409 million, driven by our second generation Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 devices, and the recent launch of Surface Pro 3.
- Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year.
Microsoft’s phone division isn’t doing too bad either:
- We sold 5.8 million Lumia Smartphones, and 30.3 million non-Lumia phones following the completion of the NDS acquisition. Low price point devices drove a majority of the Lumia Smartphone volumes. Non-Lumia phone volumes performed in line with the market for this category of devices.
For full fiscal 2014 year, Microsoft’s revenue was $86.83 billion which is a huge improvement from last year’s $77.849 billion. Gross margins went up as well from last years $57.6 million to $59.89 million.Further reading: Earnings, Microsoft