Checking your phone every time for a new message, notification or even a file is distracting and time consuming. Microsoft brought Phone Link to address that as it let you connect your phone with Windows 10 and later computers.
Intel has brought a similar app named Unison, available for Windows 11 alone, which offers the same features but without requiring a Microsoft account. The app is in early stage of development and the features may get nixed or added in the coming months.
The Intel Unison app right now is officially supposed to work with select Intel processors and Evo machines. However, we tested Unison on AMD Ryzen 5 5600x powered computer and the app worked without a hiccup.
Now we will discuss the way to install Intel Unison on Windows and connect with an Android device.
Setup Intel Unison on Windows for Android device
1. Install Intel Union on your Android phone and then move to the next step.
2. Now install the Intel Unison app on Windows 11 from the Microsoft store. Click on Get in Store app and an installation popup will appear on the screen.
3. Click Install and wait for it to download before getting installed on its own.
4. Launch the Intel Unison app on Windows 11 and click Accept & continue on the first screen.
5. You will see a QR code on the screen which needs to be scanned using the app on the phone.
6. Open the Unison app on your phone and tap Scan QR code button.
7. Point the camera to scan the QR card appearing on Windows 11’s Unison app.
8. A security code will appear on the phone and Windows app. Confirm it on PC if it matches the one appearing on your phone.
9. Open your phone and you will see Intel Unison app asking for permission to access your computer. Tap Confirm to grant permission.
10. Tap Allow to grant permission to read your phone’s notifications, contact names, and more.
Getting Started with Intel Unison
You have paired Windows with Android using Intel Unison. Now let us learn how to use it between the two devices. We will demonstrate with file transfer because the process is same for other features.
1. Go to the File transfer tab on Intel Unison for Windows 11 and click Show me how/Send requests to phone.
2. Tap Allow on your phone to grant permission to Intel Unison app on Windows to access your photos, videos, music, and audio on your phone.
3. You can now transfer files and folders to your phone from the computer. Drag and drop files or manually browse the computer to transfer files.
Remove the device from Intel Unison
Right Unison lets you pair one phone at a time. Therefore, hen you want to pair another phone with your computer, then you must remove the paired device. Here is how you can do it.
1. Head to Settings from the main window using the gear icon on the left.
2. Click Forget this device and your connected device will be removed from the pairing. You can do the same through the mobile app.
You can install and pair Intel Unison with Windows again using the method we discussed in the earlier section.