When you want to change your background on your desktop, the updated Settings app on Windows 11 offers a plethora of personalization options to allow you to add your own personal flair. Besides downloading your favorite apps, changing your background can be one of the most important decisions to make your PC setup truly unique.
If your PC is already up and running on Windows 11 using the Windows Insider program right now, then you are probably already well on your way to getting everything how you want it. There are already plenty of wallpapers available that offer a fresh take on the most basic of Windows backgrounds.
Change your background
Thankfully, the process of changing your background has not changed much from Windows 10. You have a couple of options to get to the Background menu.
Change your background menu
- Customize the appearance of your background using a picture, solid color, create your own custom color, or slideshow.
- Browse and choose a album on your PC with what pictures you want to use.
- Change your background every minute, hour, or day. There are also 10 minutes, 30 minutes, and 6 hour increments available.
- The option to shuffle the picture order.
- Choose a fit for your desktop image; fill, fit, stretch, tile, center, and span.
If you are looking for a place to find backgrounds for your Windows PC or phone, be sure to check out WallPaperHub. Created by Michael Gillett, WallPaperHub has a wide selection of high-quality images for free and available in a variety of resolutions available, such as 1080p, 1440p, 4K, and Ultrawide. There are a number of different Microsoft-centric collections available, including Windows 11, Surface, Office + Fluent Design, and Ninja Cat originals.
Stay tuned as we dive deep into more Windows 11 news and features as they are released.