If you are one of the lucky ones to be able to snag a Microsoft Band, then congratulations. For those of you who have yet to purchase a Microsoft Band, read on as we explore the device in a new feature we like to call “help series.” This helpful set of features offers new owners of a particular product the chance to learn about key device features or learn about exciting tips or tricks to make the most out of their new device.
So, you have a brand new Microsoft Band and you want to connect it to your Windows Phone device, what should you do first? We recommend charging the device. Start by removing the protective strip from the charging port, then connect the magnetic charging connector on the USB charging cable to the charging port on the band. Plug the USB end of the cable into a powered USB port.
Microsoft Band uses two internal lithium-ion batteries and a full charge can last up to 48 hours. In our next feature, we will showcase tips to extend your Microsoft Band battery life.
Once your device is charged, set it aside and pick up your Windows Phone device. Download the official Microsoft Health app here and install it. Once installed, the app will ask for your Microsoft account information. This is the same email address you use to log into Xbox, Hotmail, Outlook.com, or OneDrive. Now you are ready to pair your Band with your Windows Phone.
- Press the power button on your Microsoft Band and then tap Get Started.
- On your Windows Phone, open up the Microsoft Health app and sign in
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your Windows Phone device, and tap MSFT Band in the list of devices to pair. On some Windows Phone devices, the pairing will be via the app.
- Compare the PIN codes on the phone with the Band. Once they match, you will be paired. If it doesn’t match, try the above step again.
- Congrats, you have now paired your Microsoft Band with your Windows Phone device.
Stay tuned for our next installment of this new “help series” for the Microsoft Band. For those of you who have just purchased a Band, please let us know if you have questions in the comments below. Enjoy your new Band!