It’s now possible to bring your iCloud Photos to your Windows PC. Microsoft recently announced the new integration feature in the Windows Photos app on the Windows Experience Blog.
“Today, we are pleased to announce the start of the availability of an exciting new feature. iCloud Photos is now directly integrated into the Photos app on Windows 11 and is beginning to roll out today via a Microsoft Store update to the Photos app. We expect it to be available to all Windows 11 customers by the end of the month,” begins the blog.
In this article, we’ll discuss how you can implement this latest integration to add iCloud Photos to your Windows Photos app. So, let’s dive in.
How to access iCloud Photos on your Windows PC
To access your iCloud Photos from your Windows PC, you must first have the iCloud app on your PC. So, first, you need to grab the iCloud app from your Windows by clicking on Get iCloud for Windows.
After you’ve got the iCloud all set up on your Windows, it’s time to integrate your Photos app with iCloud. Here’s how you can get started:
- Click on the iCloud Photos app on the left-hand panel.
- Then click on Open iCloud for Windows to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID and password in the next dialog box and click Sign in. Note that if you’ve set up multi-factor authentication for your app, you might have to verify it before you can go ahead.
- The iCloud app’s interface will be launched. Select the iCloud Drive’s checkbox and click on Apply.
- You’ll then get asked to send diagnostic information to Apple in the following dialog box. Click Yes.
Note: Make sure you’ve turned on Apple Photos for all your Apple devices. This will help you sync all your Apple photos of your Apple devices.
Your syncing will begin. The integration will be complete in a few minutes, and from then on, you can easily access your Apple iCloud Photos on your Windows 11 photos app.
Accessing iCloud photos through the Windows Photos app
We hope you’ve liked this handy integration from Microsoft. And interestingly, there’s much more in store from Microsoft; they’ve continued adding new integration in Windows one by one, making your workflow easier daily. For instance, you can also access Teams from your Outlook app through this sleek add-in. And then there’s the tweak of using the famous Canvas app and Microsoft 365. It’s no wonder this integrated technology ecosystem is so appreciated by the users—it’s just so handy!