If you own a brand new Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book, chances are you are concerned about preserving as much battery life as possible. Here are some top ways to save battery life by adjusting or disabling certain features that eat up battery juice, even when you are not using your device. These tips were suggested by draginol on Reddit based on his daily use of the Surface Pro 4 Core i7.
- Disable Flash Player if using Google Chrome. Using Flash eats up battery power when watching videos. Or just use Edge as your primary browser since it doesn’t use Flash by default.
- Go into Power & Sleep settings and turn off “stay connected to WiFi while sleeping” as this feature will eat up quite a bit of battery power.
- Head over to Additional Power settings and change the balanced setting so the device goes into hibernation after roughly 15 minutes of sleep.
- You can preserve battery life by disabling Cortana. She eats a lot of battery power because she is constantly doing things behind the scenes. Go to Cortana Settings by opening Cortana, selecting the Notebook icon, and then hit Settings. Simply disable the first option.
- Find out what’s eating your battery by opening command prompt in admin mode and typing powercfg /sleepstudy
What tips do you recommend for preserving battery life on the Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book? Share it in the comments below.