We are happy to announce that our audience received our first WinBeta podcast so well, that we have gone on to do the unthinkable – we have created a second episode! If you haven’t already downloaded our first episode where Zac and I rant on about the future of Windows, be sure to check it out here.
This week, staff writer Sean Michael joins the conversation to talk about the Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones, in addition to joining the general shenanigans presented by Zac and myself. This week you can learn exciting tidbits including why Sean doesn’t have a British accent but lives in the UK, and whether or not Zac secretly works for a “film site”.
We are also excited to announce that the WinBeta Podcast is officially available to download and listen via SoundCloud, iTunes, and TuneIn. We are working on bringing the podcast to the Windows Phone Music app, so stay tuned. For now, you can download either AudioCloud (third party) or TuneIn for Windows Phone and follow along. Our Apple friends can always join in on iTunes.
Included stories this week:
- Hands-on with the Windows 10 for Phones Technical Preview (video)
- No new Windows 10 Preview build for PC before the last week of February
- You can download Microsoft apps for any platform including iOS and Android via the Microsoft Store
- Microsoft warns that side loading Windows 10 onto unsupported phones may ‘brick’ them
- Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones updates to be delivered monthly, no new update before the end of February
- Microsoft reportedly expected to launch the Surface Pro 4 later this year
- Microsoft releases the recovery tool to revert Windows 10 back to Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows 10 Mobile: A closer look at the new File Explorer app
- Spartan’s new rendering engine can be found in today’s Windows 10 for phones preview
- Essential Windows Phone apps to make your Valentine’s Day perfect
Enjoy this week’s episode and let us know what we can do to make it even better!