The Windows Phone Store is home to over 300,000 Windows Phone apps, with new apps coming in on a weekly basis. Let’s take a look at the Windows Phone Store and see which apps are at the top of the charts when it comes to the free, paid, and trending categories. We’ll also highlight some of these apps that have made it to the top of the charts.
As of September 21st, the top-five free apps in the Windows Phone Store (United States) are OneDrive, Facebook, Messenger, Pandora, and Instagram Beta. The top-five paid apps are Start Design, ProShot, Movie Maker 8.1, Theme+, and Metrotube. The top-five trending apps are 6cret, Live Camera Viewer, Fast for Facebook+, Media Explorer, and AppStoreVn.
The top-five free games are Subway Surfers, Hungry Shark Evolution, Major Mayhem WP, Fail Hard, and Despicable Me Minion Rush. The top-paid games are Plants vs Zombies, Cut The Rope Exp, JellyCar 3, Disney Checkout, and Angry Birds.
As you can see, the top-five free apps are still the same compared to last week. The same can be said about the top-five free games, as well as the top-five paid games with the exception of two new additions from Disney. We’ve highlighted those two new additions in the list below.
Take a look below at the apps and games that have climbed to the top of the charts this week.
- 6cret (free) – Speak Freely with 6cret, a client app for the popular service “Secret”! Share anonymously with friends, co-workers and people nearby. Find out what your friends are really thinking and feeling.
- Live Camera Viewer (free) – View live video on thousands of real time streaming public and private CCTV surveillance and security web cameras in the cities around the globe.
- Fast for Facebook+ (free) – Very fast, simple and easy to use, it is Fast Facebook. With minimalist interface and optimize for speed, Fast Facebook help you to access Facebook with full features.
- Media Explorer (free) – Media explorer is an awesome file exploring app that helps you manage all your files (cloud and local) at your fingertips!
- Jelly Car 3 ($1.99) – Disney’s JellyCar3 is a driving/platforming game that’s all about driving a squishy car through squishy worlds, trying to reach the exit.
- Disney Checkout ($0.99) – Test out your grocery scanning skills in this fast-paced, deceptively simple supermarket challenge.
Stay tuned for next week’s Windows Phone Store highlight. Did you find your new favorite app this past week? Let us know in the comments below.Further reading: Apps, Microsoft, Windows Phone