Well, the Day 1 keynote of Build 2015 is now over, bringing with it a plethora of news regarding Microsoft's cloud platform, as well as Windows 10 and HoloLens. Let's dive right into it and quickly recap all the important key announcements of the event.
The theme of this years Build Developer Conference is about building bridges. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella took the stage for the first 15 minutes and reinforced the point that Microsoft is going back to its origins. Microsoft will be focusing on empowering developers. This has been a theme building in recent months with Microsoft's marketing team, and it looks like Build this year will be the culmination of such efforts.
- Project Spartan has an official name and it's called Microsoft Edge
- This is the new Microsoft Edge logo
- New Microsoft Edge browser can use Chrome and Firefox extensions
- Carrier billing will work across all Windows 10 devices not just phones
- Microsoft allows Android and iOS developers to easily port their apps to Windows 10
- Microsoft brings .NET and Win32 apps to the Windows Store for Windows 10
- Windows 10 'Smart suggestions' on the Start Menu shown off at Build 2015
- Microsoft announces Windows Spotlight, a new lockscreen experience for Windows 10
- Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements coming to the Windows Store
- Windows 10: Tablet modes get an update, Start Screen improved on smaller tablets
- Microsoft demos the HoloLens and expands on the Windows Holographic platform
- Microsoft announces long list of HoloLens partners, new use-case scenarios
- Windows 10 phones can transform into full PCs thanks to Continuum
- Microsoft: 1 billion Windows 10 devices within 2-3 years of launch
- Microsoft introduces Windows Store for Business during Build 2015
There will be much more news to come, so stay tuned to WinBeta. In the mean time, let us know which piece of news caught your attention! If you want to watch the keynote all over again, head over to our dedicated Build 2015 page to read all the news and watch the video on-demand (once it becomes available).